photo Stripes_Cross_Stripes.png

Saturday 10 September 2016

Family Command Centre

I've always loved the idea of having a family command centre. I've tried a couple over the last few years but they've never really worked how I wanted them to. I have about 2654 pins on the subject which you can check out here and finally I've come up with one that I'm not only proud of, but I know it will work for our family!

I always like to start with a blank canvas & this area in our entry had been bare for a little while so it seemed like the perfect spot.

 

I gave the wall and skirting boards a good clean and started with the main feature being this hall table from
Kmart

 

I didn't buy anything new for this space other than the printables (coming up). I simply shopped in my own home & moved some pieces around. The cute green pad of notepaper was given to me by a friend for my birthday recently :)

Having a drawer here is handy for lots of little bits & pieces that you may need to grab on your way out the door or for leaving any messages. Here's what's inside mine....


Tissues, pens & highlighter, sticky notes, extra note paper, scissors, hand needles & safety pins- all the essentials covered ✔️

The next step was to print of some printables to keep track of our busy family schedules so I jumped on Etsy & picked these:



I Love Us  print from Eighteen25
Grocery List from Clean Life And Home
Weekly Family Planner from Miss Balance
Monthly Calendar from Darling Doodle
Cleaning Schedule from K Christianson Design
What's for Dinner printable from 
The Organised Housewife

And some final touches for the table...

 

Responsible for energy printable from 
Kind Over Matter

I took the tv remote storage caddy from the lounge room (the remotes never seem to be in there ever!) & it  holds our phones, pens & mail.

 

I'm head over heels in love with this space & can't wait to put it to work! 

Til next time,

Mel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment